Monday, September 19, 2011

Adapter Mania

I recently got a package I ordered all the way from Hong Kong. It contained an adapter to play Famicom games on the NES (or compatible clone, like the RetroN 3 I use). I'm not sure who the manufacturer is, or if it will work with a regular North American NES, but it works fine with my RetroN.

Famicom games, here I come

Also, I bought a Master System converter manufactured by a company called Tototek. This converter will allow you to play Sega Master System (and Mark III) games on your Genesis/Mega Drive (version 1 or 2), or compatible clone. Here's a youtube video I made showing the converter in action.


There's a slot on the back for Mark III games. Review to come!

I bought both of these from a store called Game Doctor Hong Kong. I have also posted the link to their website in my links box. The prices were reasonable ($18 for the Famicom - NES adapter and $29 for the Master System converter), and the items were packed with care and shipped registered mail (for $11). Be sure to check out their site, there is a lot of interesting stuff. The same goes for the manufacturer of the converter, Tototek.

I've had a Super Gameboy for a while. This will work with the RetroN 3 (v2), but you will want to provide your own soundtrack. I'll blog more about this later.
 I'll deal with you later

No comments:

Post a Comment